Rice Kheer Recipe
Kheer Recipe | Indian Rice Pudding
Rice Kheer is a very common and veteran dessert which is liked and prepared in almost every Indian kitchen.
Rice Kheer is made by boiling milk, sugar, and rice. Rice can be replaced with one of the following: tapioca(sabudana), vermicelli(sewai) etc. Although kheer can be made using any one of them however, rice kheer is very much popular among all. Rice Kheer can be prepared on any occasion or festival. Recipe of Rice Kheer is very simple and thus gets prepared in a very short time and that too with minimum ingredients.
Here, I have prepared the Rice kheer recipe with basmati rice, dry fruits, phool makhana, milk, nuts and saffron.
Always remember, kheer is prepared in one vessel only. Best part is that it can be enjoyed warm or chilled.
Below you can find the step by step instructions of preparing Rice kheer that will make your Rice kheer Recipe easy and tasty.
Share Our Recipes:
Ingredients (4 people)
- Basmati Rice, tukda – ¼ Cup or 60 g
- Milk – 1 Kg
- Sugar – ¼ Cup or 60 g
- Pista, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Saffron(Kesar) – 8-10 leaves
- Almond, soaked – 10 pieces
- Raisins – 15 pieces
- Cardamom Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Phool Makhana – 15-20 pieces
- Water – 2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon to avoid burning
How to make Rice Kheer
- Rinse rice 2-3 times & soak in water for 15 minutes and drain the water.
- Soak saffron in ¼ cup milk and put aside.
- Cut each makhana into 2 pieces. Also chop the almonds
- Put two spoons of water or a spoon of ghee in a pan. This will not burn the kheer.
- Take a heavy bottom vessel, add milk to it and boil it on a low flame.
- Crush the rice with your hand & pour into milk & mix gently to prevent further breaking/dissolving of rice.
- Add the prepared saffron milk, as mentioned in the initial preparation, into the kheer.
- Keep stirring the milk occasionally so that the milk does not burn.
- When rice becomes slightly soft, add makhana.
- After 2 minutes, add almond & raisins in the kheer.
- Cook until rice becomes softer and slightly mushy. You can mash it with a spoon and check.
- Add sugar and cook until the kheer thickens.
- When it reaches a thick but of running consistency, switch off the gas as it will thicken upon while cooling down.
- Add cardamom powder & cover with a lid.
- Garnish the rice kheer with pista & almond before serving.
- You can serve the kheer warm or chilled.
- If you wish to eat chilled kheer, place it in the refrigerator. Chilled kheer also tastes very delicious.