Sabudana Vada Recipe
Sabudana Vada | Sabudana Kabab | Sabudana Patties | Sabudana Cutlet
Sabudana Vada or Sabudana Tikki is prepared with potato, soaked sabudana, and spices.
It is the latest recipe which is prepared with sabudana in appe pan. If you do not have appe pan, it can be shallow fried.
Sabudana being rich in potassium can help to promote healthy blood flow and keeps your blood pressure in control. It reduces stress on the heart and cuts down the chances of stroke and heart attack.
The combination of potato and sabudana enhances the taste of tikki and makes it crispy.
Share Our Recipes:
- Sabudana – ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Water – ⅓ cup or 85 ml, for soaking sabudana
- Roasted Peanut, crushed – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ teaspoon
- White Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder– ½ teaspoon
- Chat Masala (Optional) – 1½ teaspoon
- Green Chili, chopped – 2 teaspoon
- Potato – 4 medium size
- Coriander & Mint leaves, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
How to make Sabudana Vada or Sabudana Tikki
Soaking of Sabudana
- Wash sabudana 3-4 times and soak for 5-6 hours in ⅓ cup water. Take normal water. Do not take boiled/cold water.
Preparing Sabudana Tikkis
- Strain the soaked sabudana through a sieve. Mesh them with light hands.
- Boil the potatoes upto 75% and then grate them.
- Mix sabudana, roasted peanuts, salt, black pepper powder, white pepper powder, chat masala, grated potatoes, red chili powder, chopped green chilies, coriander and mint leaves in a bowl and make the dough.
- Apply oil on clean hands and make small balls of the dough. Greasing your hands will ensure the dough does not stick to your hands and will also get rolled easily.
Method 1-With help of Appe pan ( Baked , low oil consumption)
- Preheat the appe pan for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Pour 2 drops of ghee in each mould of the appe pan.
- Place balls in it and apply ghee on balls in very little quantities by spoon.(By applying ghee, balls becomes very crispy)
- Cover the appe pan.
- Cook balls for 5-6 minutes on low flame. Rotate Sabudana Balls on every side and cook till their color becomes golden brown.
- Your Sabudana Balls or Sabudana Vada is ready to be served with curd or chutney.
Method 2 – With Non-Stick pan
- Press the balls with your palm to give a round tikki or vada shape.
- Pour 1 tablespoon ghee into a nonstick pan and place it on medium flame.
- Place tikki in a pan and cook on medium to low flame as per requirement.
- Rotate on either side and cook till its color becomes golden brown.
- Press gently with a spatula to make it crispy.
- Your Sabudana Tikki or Sabudana Cutlet is ready to be served with curd or chutney.