Singhare ke aate ka halwa (Vrat Special)
Singhare ke aate ka halwa has a very prominent place in Indian cuisine. We can prepare various dishes using Singhare ka aata.
It is very commonly used during vrat(fast or upvas) e.g. Navratri, Ekadashi, Mahashivratri, Janmashtami, etc. It is mostly served with food of saghaar.
Singhare ka atta is baked with dry fruits and sugar. It is a very delicious dish if it is made with ingredients in the proper ratio.
It can also be served in the shape of burfi. Singhare ka aate ka halwa is loaded with carbohydrates, starch, and vitamin B-6.
It is very easy to digest. If you are calorie conscious, you may prepare this dish in a non-stick pan with a lesser quantity of ghee.
Share Our Recipes:
- Singhada Atta – ¼ cup(60 ml)
- Sugar – ¼ cup(60 ml)
- Water – ½ cup(120 ml)
- Ghee – 3 tablespoon
- Almond(Badam) – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom(Elaichi) Powder – ½ teaspoon
How to make Singhare ke aate ka halwa
- Pour ghee into a medium pan and heat it on a low flame.
- Deep fry almonds till they change color.
- Take them out and keep them aside to let them cool down.
- Chop them.
- Now, in the pan, add Singhara Atta. While adding singhara atta keep in mind that ghee should not be at a very high temperature. Otherwise, the atta will get burnt.
- Cook on low heat and stir constantly.
- When Singhara Atta becomes golden brown, pour water and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- After the water is soaked by the halwa, add sugar and stir again constantly.
- When Singhara Atta leaves the edges of the pan, add chopped almonds.
- Switch off the gas and cover the pan for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder over Singhara halwa.
- Very delicious Singhara atta halwa is ready to eat.