Sooji Halwa Recipe
Rava Sheera | Semolina Pudding
Sooji halwa is a famous indian traditional dessert. It is very easy to make.
In southern India, it is known as Rava Kesari whereas in Western India, it is known as Rava Sheera.
Sooji Halwa is prepared with sooji, sugar, nuts and ghee. This halwa can be prepared in a very short time. Generally, sooji halwa is prepared on religious occasions like pooja.
The combination of kala chana, puree and sooji halwa is also used for prasad. Sooji Halwa is also useful for health conscious as it may be prepared in low quantities of ghee.
To make delicious halwa, all ingredients should be in the proper ratio.
Share Our Recipes:
- Sooji(Semolina) – 1 Cup
- Desi Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Cardamom(Elaichi) Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Resins(Kishmish) – 2 teaspoon, Optional
- Sliced Almond(Badam tukda) – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Powder – As per taste
- Water – 2 cup
How to make Sooji Halwa
- Pour ghee in a medium saucepan and heat it.
- On light heating, pour sooji.
- Fry on low heat and stir constantly.
- Sprinkle water drops at some intervals.
- At this stage, add all the dry fruits to it.
- When sooji becomes light brown, pour 2 cups of warm water and stir.
- After soaking water, add sugar and stir again constantly.
- When sooji leaves the pan surface, switch off the gas and cover for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle coconut powder on halwa.
- Very tasty and delicious sooji halwa is ready to eat.