Sprouted Moong Moth Chaat
Moong Salad | Sprouts Chat | Protein Salad | Matki Bhel
Sprouted moong moth is a very popular dish. Mostly it is served for breakfast.
In this sprouted moong recipe, I have made Sprouted moong moth chat by adding some extra homemade sauces and masalas to give an extra flavor and taste to it.
Naturopathist and dieticians recommend sprouting moong moth in breakfast as they contain plenty of quantities of proteins, vitamins, fibers, and minerals are present in moong moth.
It strengthens the immune system and improves blood circulation. Moong moth also improve the digestion system due to fibers.
It can be served as raw(Kachcha) as a salad. If it is served as a salad, coarse mishri may also be used with it. Moong moth has good nutritious value.
Share Our Recipes:
Ingredients (Servings - 4 persons)
- Moong – ½ cup or 125 g
- Moth – ¼ cup
- Water – ½ cup or 125 g
- Tomato, chopped – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Black Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder(Haldi) – ¼ teaspoon
- Oil/Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger, grated – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 teaspoon
- Tamarind Sauce(Imli ki Chutney) – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chutney – 1 tablespoon
- Onion, chopped– 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds(Jeera)– ½ teaspoon
- Hing – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander and Mint Leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Fine Bhujia – As per taste, for garnishing
How to make Sprouted Moong Moth Chaat
Sprouting of Moong Moth
- Soak moong moth in lukewarm water for 8 hours. Take water 3 times the quantity of moong moth for soaking.
- After 8 hours, drain out water through the soup strainer.
- Place this strainer in a big bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plate.
- Cover the plate with a big napkin. In this way, moong moths are sprouted very well and do not give off a bad smell.
- In the winter season, a strainer should be placed in a casserole.
- Moong moth takes 7-8 hours in summer and 11-12 hours in winter for sprouting.
- Wash moong moth 2-3 times with fresh water after sprouting.
Moong Moth Chaat
- Heat oil/ghee in a cooker and add cumin seeds(jeera) and hing. Let them sputter.
- Add ginger and green chili on low flame and saute.
- Add red chili powder, coriander, and turmeric & immediately pour moong moth in the cooker and mix.
- Add 125 g water in the cooker and cook for 2 whistles on high flame.
- Turn off the flame.
- Once the pressure inside the cooker gets released, open the lid of the cooker.
- Then add chat masala, tamarind sauce(imli chutney) or tomato sauce, green chutney, lemon juice, black pepper powder, black salt, tomato(1 tablespoon), and onion, and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- At the time of serving, sprinkle bhujia(or feeki sev) over the sprouts to increase the taste.