Veg Cheese Burger Recipe
Veg Cheese Burger is a very famous dish. It is a very popular snack among kids and youth. It can be customized as per your taste by adding extra cheese, vegetables, multiple tikkis, etc.
Aloo tikki can be prepared in many combinations, but if it is made with vegetables and cheese, a very tasty tikki is prepared. Hot tikki adds more to taste.
You can accompany your burger with French Fries and a soft-drink. We can enjoy this homemade burger at any time whether in the office or at home.
Share Our Recipes:
- Burger Bun – 5 pieces
- Boiled Potato(80% cooked) – 6 pieces of medium size
- Sooji – 5 teaspoon
- Rice Flour – 3 teaspoon
- Roasted Peanut, crushed – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ teaspoon
- White Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Green Chili, chopped – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Chat Masala – 1½ teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves, chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Maida – 2 teaspoon, for making slurry
- Corn flour – 2 teaspoon, for making slurry
- Cucumber – 1 piece
- Tomato – 2 pieces
- Onion – 2 pieces
- Cheese Slice – 10 pieces
- Burger Mayonnaise – 4 teaspoon
- Ghee or butter – As per requirement
- Pizza or Tomato Sauce – 4 teaspoon
- Bread Crumbs for coating aloo tikki
- Oil for greasing and frying
How to make Veg Cheese Burger
- Take one big size bowl and grate the boiled potato.
- Add Sooji, Rice flour, crushed roasted peanut, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, black pepper powder, chili flakes, white pepper powder, green chili, salt, chat masala, and chopped coriander leaves and mix well to make a dough.
- You can taste salt at this stage. Add more, if needed.
- Apply little oil on your clean hands and make 5 equal pieces of dough into the shape of tikki.
- Greasing your hands will ensure the dough does not stick to your hands and will also get rolled easily.
- Place the tikkis in the freezer for 10 minutes for better results. This step is optional.
- At this stage, you may also place these tikkis in an airtight container or zip-locked plastic pouch and store them in a deep freezer for 15-20 days. When you want to fry these tikkis, place them outside the freezer for 30 minutes before use.
- Make a slurry of medium consistency using cornflour, maida and salt with water in a bowl as a slurry of high consistency which will make the tikki’s surface hard.
- Dip the aloo tikki in the slurry.
- After that, we will put it in breadcrumbs again and roll with light hands.
- Roll the aloo tikki in breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- The aloo tikki should remain in breadcrumbs for 1 minute so that the bread crumbs absorb moisture from the aloo tikki.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the tikki on medium flame till they become golden brown.
Cook 1-2 aloo tikki in a pan at one time.
- When ready, take out the tikki one by one and place them on a wire mesh (instead of a plate). Wire Mesh will help the tikki remain crispy as it will remove the heat from all sides.
- Place the aloo tikki on tissue paper to soak extra oil from it.
Preparation at the time of Serving
- Mix burger mayonnaise in pizza or tomato sauce.
- Thinly slice cucumber, onions, and tomatoes into rings. Separate the layers of onions.
- Sprinkle salt, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, and chat masala over tomato, onion rings, cucumber slices.
Preparing the bun
- Cut the bun horizontally into two slices and apply butter or ghee on both slices.
- Bake the buttered side of both the slices on tawa on a medium flame till it becomes golden. Switch off the flame.
- Place the bun slices on a plate, keeping the buttered side up.
- Spread the prepared mayonnaise over the bun.
- On the bottom piece of the bun, place 1 cheese slice, then cucumber slice, onion rings, then aloo tikki, and again cheese slice and tomato.
- Cover it with the other piece of the burger bun and press slightly.
- Now toast these buns in the sandwich maker for 4-5 minutes to make it crispy. This step is optional. Instead of a sandwich maker, you can also toast these buns on tawa.
- It should be remembered that you should hold the lid of the sandwich maker by your hand to avoid deterioration of shape.
- Best served immediately otherwise the burger will become soggy.